Mission: Birth Boot Camp is committed to training couples in natural birth and breastfeeding through accessible, contemporary education.
Birth Boot Camp classes are practical, engaging, and comprehensive. Whether you are planning to give birth in a hospital, birth center or at home, you AND your partner will be equipped with all the tools, information and resources you’ll need to not only have an amazing birth but a smooth and enjoyable transition into parenthood and breastfeeding. Also, if you or your partner is unable to attend one of the classes or if you are due before the final class session, you can take up to two online make-up classes for free.
Class Topics include:
- Avoiding pain naturally
- Relaxation & comfort measures
- Positions for labor & pushing
- Breathing techniques & visualization
- The stages of labor and birth and when to go to your birthplace
- Nutrition and exercise for a healthy pregnancy
- Ways to avoid a cesarean
- VBAC & special circumstances
- First hours after birth
- Newborn testing & procedures
- Getting the best start with breastfeeding and caring for your newborn
- Every couple receives a full-color workbook and access to an extensive lending library.
- Birth Boot Camp classes are held at Bella Vie Gentle Birth Center near Salem, McMinnville and Newberg, OR. But you don’t have to be giving birth there to join! In fact, many of my students have had fantastic natural births in the hospital.