Mission: Birth Boot Camp is committed to training couples in natural birth and breastfeeding through accessible, contemporary education.
Birth Boot Camp classes are practical, engaging, and comprehensive. Whether you are planning to give birth in a hospital, birth center or at home, you AND your partner will be equipped with all the tools, information and resources you’ll need to not only have an amazing birth but a smooth and enjoyable transition into parenthood and breastfeeding. Also, if you or your partner is unable to attend one of the classes or if you are due before the final class session, you can take up to four online make-up classes for free.
Class Topics include:
- Avoiding pain naturally
- Relaxation & comfort measures
- Positions for labor & pushing
- Breathing techniques
- Navigating interventions
- The process of labor and birth
- Nutrition and exercise
- Ways to avoid a cesarean
- VBAC & special circumstances
- First hours after birth
- Newborn testing & procedures
- Tips for life with a new recruit
- Every couple receives a full-color Field Manual, tote, pen, tumbler and Breastfeeding DVD download
- Birth Boot Camp classes are held in Salem at Bella Vie Gentle Birth Center and privately around the area. But you don’t have to be giving birth there to join! In fact, many of my students have had fantastic natural births in the hospital.
To see a detailed course description, click here.